Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan not for profit company established in 2010 by the Governments of United Kingdom and Rwanda. AFR is currently funded by UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Sweden, the MasterCard Foundation and USAID.
AFR is part of the broader Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) Network of programmes in Africa that seek to improve livelihoods of low income people and contribute to the desired economic transformation by supporting efforts to improve financial inclusion and financial sector development.
AFR’s intention is to remove systemic barriers that hinder access and usage of financial services by low income people, particularly the rural poor, women, youth and MSMEs. AFR supports the development and provision of financial services including saving, credit, insurance, pension, payments, remittances and capital market development.
The ICT Manager is the technical advisor on information and communication technology (ICT) for the organisation. S/he develops long-term ICT strategies that support AFR’s overall business plan and manages the day-to-day service delivery of technical solutions. The ICT Manager oversees the procurement, installation, maintenance and risk-assessment of all technological hardware and software within the organisation. S/he ensures that AFR staff are equipped with the training and knowledge to work effectively and collaborates proactively with users at all levels to ensure understanding of requirements and to recommend effective solutions.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Scope of Responsibilities
The ICT Manager will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Work closely with AFR’s Senior Management to develop ICT plans that will facilitate the delivery of the overall strategy and business plan
- Lead the planning, design, documentation and implementation of systems, tools, and data infrastructure, including AFR’s website
- Manage the purchasing, installation, maintenance and management of AFR’s ICT resources, including hardware, software, equipment and the ICT budget
- Provide support to users, aiming to maximise their capacity to use ICT in support of their work
- Lead on the identification of AFR’s ICT-related risks and the development & implementation of risk-management controls and practices
- Lead any staff or consultants who contribute to the provision of ICT support, empowering them to add value to AFR and deliver high standards of performance
- And other duties as requested by the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Certification as IT Technician, e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (added advantage)
Job related experience and knowledge
- Minimum 5 years post-graduation experience as an IT manager
- Analytical and management experience in process engineering and systems implementation in a full range of systems such as custom applications, ERP, and CRM; experience with NetSuite, Adaptive, Salesforce and Box is an advantage.
- Familiarity with running technical environments across globally mobile workforces and teams, satellite and work-share locations, and less-developed countries with limited infrastructure.
- Experience developing, managing and tuning technical and data environments across platforms and vendors.
- Proven Strong project management, able to work well with diverse stakeholders and development groups.
- Experience in business continuity management, including data and cybersecurity risk management across a geographically distributed organization.
- Resourceful and dependable problem solver with strong sense of ownership and accountability. Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with remote colleagues, field offices, and external professionals.
- Proactive communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills; strong customer support orientation.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; French and Kinyarwanda are also an advantage
How to Apply
All qualified applicants should submit their applications through the “Apply for this job” button below by the 24th May 2021 at 5.00 pm Central African Time (CAT)
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact us here.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.